Christchurch City Council would like to improve the bus stops along route 17 and 28 to make them more accessible, provide more seats and shelters, and make it easier for buses to pull in and out of the bus stops.
Christchurch City Council will be consulting early next year with these bus stop improvements in partnership with Environment Canterbury's route review. Property owners/residents who will be directly affected by bus stops changes will be contacted.
Your feedback is welcome on bus stops and the surrounding environment which will help prepare consultation material for early next year.
These are the areas that Christchurch City Council will be consulting on:
- more seats and shelters
- relocation and addition of bus stops
- improved road markings so that the buses can easily pull into bus stops
- replacing the sign/pole/seat and/or shelter with something new
- better crossing facilities between bus stops (if they are on opposite sides of the road)
- Bus locators (real time information)
- better footpaths at bus stops
- improved lighting in bus shelters
- more tactile pavers